Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pentel Energel-X Retractable Rollergel Pens


Like most pen and paper addicts, back to school season is one of my favorite times of the year.  I get to check out the new office and school supplies and can purchase them at great prices.  The cashiers at the Staples around the corner from me are used to seeing me every Sunday morning when I go in to purchase items I picked out from the newest circular.  This week, I purchased a new product from Pentel’s Recycology line.  It’s a variety pack of Energel-X Retractable Rollergel Pens. It’s made from 84% recycled plastic and comes with .5 mm or .7 mm metal tips.  I purchased a pack with .7 mm tips in black, red, blue, green and violet.  Normally $7 a pack, they are on sale for $3.

The packaging comes with a sticker stating that the ink offers a quick drying time, no smears and no globs.  The package also states that the ink is “bright” and “vibrant”.  The barrel shaped pen has a rubberized grip and its design reminds me of Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Pens.  The pen is refillable and uses LR7 refills.



The ink color is definitely vibrant. Unfortunately, the poor lighting in my apartment doesn’t allow me to capture how vivid the ink is.  I did find that the ink smeared a little in the first few seconds but being right handed, it’s not that much of a problem.  The grip is comfortable and the ink flows very easily, without any skipping.  The only downside for me is that I was only able to purchase the .7 mm tips.  I prefer nibs that are .5 mm or less.  However, the ink flow and great colors mean I’ll likely add them to my daily arsenal.


 Pentel is offering a $1.00 coupon with the purchase of any Pentel Energel-X Gel Pens (2 count or larger).  Simply enter the Pentel Energel-X Sweepstakes to access the coupon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment