Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oxford Index Card Notebook




As a paper hoarder, it's nearly impossible for me to resist the urge to purchase new paper products when I see them.  I recently gave into temptation, yet again, and purchased an index card notebook made by Oxford.  I actually passed it up the first time I saw it at Staples because I couldn’t justify the purchase at $5.99.  Then, last week, I scored a Staples coupon for $3.00 off any purchase.  I decided to bite the bullet and purchase it. 

As described, it is a notebook containing 50 perforated pages of white ruled index cards, 3 index cards per page.  Spiral bound, detachable index cards are nothing new.  The traditional version contains 50 detachable index cards and is spiral bound at the top.  The Oxford index card notebook measures approximately 9 x  5 inches and is bound on the left side.  The spiral binding appears to be made of a coated plastic.  The inside cover contains 2 storage pockets.  The texture of the cards is what you would expect in the average index card.  Having 3 detachable index cards per page creates a larger surface area and provides a more comfortable writing experience.
I initially thought the notebook was a bit pricey at $5.99.  However, when compared to the price of the traditional spiral bound, detachable index cards, it's actually a pretty good deal.  While it's not listed on the Staples website, it is available at Amazon for $4.44. 







1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing accessory for GM/DMs of RPG games. Hand out secrets when needed, record loot, and have an index card-rotation for making combat quicker.

    ReplyDelete